- Fees & Forms
- About Kate
- Links & Resources
- Contact Kate
Tuesday Night Group – 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM
• Mar 5th – Apr 30th (Off week of Apr 2nd)
• Oct 1st – Nov 26th (Off week of Oct 27th)
Thursday Day Group – 10:30 AM to Noon
• Feb 28th – May 2nd (Off Mar 28th & Apr 4th)
• Sept 26th – Nov 21st (Off week of Oct 27th)
Goals of Healing the Wounds of Parent Neglect Group:
• Heal the negative self-image, put in place by endless parental demands/criticisms
• Learn how to re-parent yourself with respect and gentleness
• Share in the experience of other group members who have/had similar dilemmas
• Experience acceptance and mutual positive regard in place of critical judgments
If you grew up with a parent who has a personality disorder (especially Narcissism or Borderline Personality Disorder), or if they were extremely self-absorbed or overly critical, you may be experiencing the tyranny of emotional suffering as an adult now, from what you needed to do to survive then. Growing up with a toxic or personality disordered parent leaves one feeling like I have to be perfect all the time. You may not have been taught or learned the skills and developed the ability to achieve a life that feels like your own…guided by your desires…self-directed. You may believe that needing help is a sign of weakness or a burden on others. Low self esteem, feelings of shame, or lack of self-worth make it even harder to live up to impossible standards. Those of us who manage to achieve accomplishments, often become addicted to work, performance, and image. But no matter how successful you become, you may never feel good enough.
Join this group and experience a safe place to explore and heal the pain of early criticism, shaming, and emotional deprivation. This group provides the opportunity to begin accepting the acknowledgment, nurturance, and validation you never had as a child.
Facilitator: Kate Heit, MA, Licensed Professional Counselor
Location: Towne Square Professional Bldg., 5738 Olde Wadsworth Blvd., Arvada, 80002
Meeting Times: Meets for eight (8) sessions. Dates include 2 break weeks.
Cost: $60/session (no insurances accepted) plus $15 one-time materials fee
Space is limited to 4-6 participants. For details and to register, contact Kate Heit, MA, LPC. at email@example.com or (303) 277-9407.